Interesting though, that there is a real "Well of Souls"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive9ia.dialup.mindspring.com on April 16, 1999 at 13:22:11:

In Reply to: knights templar and the ark posted by Michael on April 15, 1999 at 22:28:59:

: did anyone see a thing on the learning channel today about the ark of the covenant? while it talked about the usual ethiopian theories, i never heard of a theory involving the knights templar. according to legend, not only did they cart it back to scotland, but they claim that *five* copies of the ark were made, and all of them survive. i didn't even know the knights templar still existed as some sort of secret society, but it was an interesting twist on the usual guesses to the current whereabouts of the ark. too bad nobody will actually try and search for the thing. i did disagree with one expert's assessment that the ark used "electricity" to convey the power of God.
: he was quite the skeptic...

: where's the fun of melting people?

: Michael

Before I saw this show I didn't know that the "Well of Souls" was a real pit under the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. Well, you learn something new every day- even from crackpot TV shows.

"...Secret Chamber?"
Abner

PS- On this topic, I remember seeing a show a couple of years ago similar to the one last night. There was some English adventurer/amateur archaeologist around the early 20th century who dug a tunnel under the Dome of the Rock and actually got to see the inside of it, before escaping with his life from angry Muslims. Reminds me of Indiana Jones! Does anyone know his name?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]