Re: Things that didn't exist in the 30's

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive9hc.dialup.mindspring.com on April 16, 1999 at 16:28:29:

In Reply to: Things that didn't exist in the 30's posted by Mark Indy on April 15, 1999 at 19:49:53:

: Besides the obvious, like the flying wing... the aforementioned Panzerfaust, the Volkswagen Kubelwagen in LC, the German M43 field cap (1943, and the whole uniform), Germans in Egypt (British) before 1941, German U-boat bases in the Med, and whatever the passenger Zeppelin was in LC. I'm sure I missed tons, nevertheless it was fun to see Indy with all that stuff, he seems to encounter the latest in German technology before the rest of the world even knows about it.

: About the whip... Zorro had one in the early 1800's : )

: Mark

Zeppelins were around in the 1930s--the Hindenburg blew up in 1937. But if you mean that THAT particular Zeppelin is fictional in 1938 because it couldn't have been the Hindenburg, okay sure. Those submachineguns in Raiders weren't around either I belive. But the worst anachronism has to be the Golden Gate Bridge in Raiders (not completed until 1937).
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]