Re: For Meg - the bag strap...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from spider-wg021.proxy.aol.com on April 16, 1999 at 22:38:12:

In Reply to: For Meg - the bag strap... posted by Sean on April 16, 1999 at 20:59:35:

: Hi Meg:
: I understand you wanting to make the best choice you can, afterall the strap can be an expensive item.
: I had a lot of trouble constructing my own strap as the materials were difficult to obtain. When I learned that Mr. Howard, who worked on the original costumes, was manufacturing a strap for the bag, well that was good enough for me. So I ordered one. Here's what I received to the best of my "desriptive prowess," so to speak.
: The strap is the same colour as seen in Raiders. If you watch the scenes or view stills from the part where Indy is getting the fertility idol from the temple, you'll see the strap is a rusty-brown colour, not a chocolate brown like the strap in Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. Granted, this can be attributed to the lighting of the film etc...but in my opinion the strap is a dead-ringer in terms of colour, at least during that particular scene.
: The strap that Mr. Howard's company sent me has two lines running down either side of the strap, and when I look at some stills I swear I can similar markings on Indy's strap in Raiders.
: The buckle is a square, silver buckle that looks as though it's been weathered, it's scoured and scratched as I would imagine Indy's to be.

: So what I got was a strap that satisfies me and meets my expectations, and I daresay ties my Indy costume together rather nicely. It's one thing to wear the jacket, hat, pants etc...but with a bag and the strap I have, I look the part just fine.

: Azuma obviously has spent more time researching than I have, and is a valuable resource. But the reason I'm happy with the strap is because it has the appeal of being made by the original manufacturer, and it's close enough for my discerning eye. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope this in some way helps.
: Cheers and good luck!
: Sean

Sean,
Thank you very much for your description. Like you, it will be impossible for me to get the materials and make it my-self. I think that if I purchase the strap, that it will be good enough for me. It is made by someone who worked on the original so I also like that.Thanks again for your post. Wish me luck!!

~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]