Alright, hold on!!! ;-)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LFM from Fusca.dw.net on April 17, 1999 at 10:23:36:

In Reply to: Why is it that almost every girl I know has the worst taste in movies?! posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on April 16, 1999 at 21:45:02:

: I'm not saying it's you girls here at the forum. Of what I've seen, you girls have pretty good taste. I'm talking about the one's in my school. All the time, they tell me, "Star Wars sucks! Indiana Jones sucks! E.T. sucks! and so on". Yet, what do they like? The trashiest movies out there today, such as Armageddon, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, and so on. What's wrong with them? They treat those movies as if they are art forms, when they are merely manipulative, derivative forms of crude entertainment, and they don't see that. They say things like, "Oh! I love Armageddon, it's SO sad!!" Sad, huh? You haven't seen true sadness in movies unless you've seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and E.T. Someone tell me why they love these low-grade pieces of crap, and hate some of the best movies ever made. UHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back the trolley up here. I love all those movies that were mentioned. You know what I really hate? When people examine the movies so closely that it's more like a homework assignment, thand entertainment. I can tell you one reason why those girls and me like those movies. Ben Affleck, Mekhi Pfifer and so on....etc. I just saw Forces of Nature over this past weekend and I thought it was a great movie. I thought it was really good. And of course, the Ben Affleck strip tease was a nice touch. I think you're examining the girls taste in movies a bit too deep. I Doubt they actually say, "Oh it was an art form!" At least I never have. All my friends and I watch the movies because we know we'll have a good time...that pretty much says right there that we won't watch Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List for fun.
LFM

JMHO!!!:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: