Re: Why is it that almost every girl I know has the worst taste in movies?!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-29-203.snantx.swbell.net on April 17, 1999 at 14:07:20:

In Reply to: Why is it that almost every girl I know has the worst taste in movies?! posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on April 16, 1999 at 21:45:02:

: I'm not saying it's you girls here at the forum. Of what I've seen, you girls have pretty good taste. I'm talking about the one's in my school. All the time, they tell me, "Star Wars sucks! Indiana Jones sucks! E.T. sucks! and so on". Yet, what do they like? The trashiest movies out there today, such as Armageddon, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, and so on. What's wrong with them? They treat those movies as if they are art forms, when they are merely manipulative, derivative forms of crude entertainment, and they don't see that. They say things like, "Oh! I love Armageddon, it's SO sad!!" Sad, huh? You haven't seen true sadness in movies unless you've seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and E.T. Someone tell me why they love these low-grade pieces of crap, and hate some of the best movies ever made. UHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm not a girl, but I thought Armageddon was pretty good. I also like (and in many cases, would like to see) some of the good epics and dramas and stuff. I'm not a comedy person because the only good comedy I've seen is Abbott and Costello (don't even mention Sandler or I'll kick your butt!!!). But I would like to see Private Ryan, Schindler, whatever other you know good dramatic, revoluitionary and so forth movies. I would love to see a marathon of all the Best Picture movies (excluding Titanic). There are some good non-Best Picture movies I want to see. Actually, a lot. Except my parents are constrictive but thats out of my hands. But I think I have at least some taste.

jmho

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Oh. And I think sometimes why (and I'm not saying this for all cases) we cast down movies is because they're only accepted by one audience (teenage girls etc) and we hear that the movie's so good and so forth that we just kind of "hate" it because it's overhyped and overrated, not because we've seen it. I think I would have liked Titanic more if it wasn't the subject of every ditzy conversation at school. jmho again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]