The Answer Explained

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Mungo from host5-171-254-194.btinternet.com on April 18, 1999 at 02:20:08:

In Reply to: Re: The Answer posted by LFM on April 17, 1999 at 14:26:25:

I didn't mean that to be chauvinistic. I wasn't implying that women were inferior to men. I, therefore, apologise if that's how it came across. What I really meant is that, when it comes to movies, women seem more attracted to boyish charm, a cheeky smile, sparkling eyes, a woolly hair-style, and a well-toned body, than good acting and a well written script. In fact, I've a suspicion that the previous criteria would even become Oscar categories if women had their way. Give them a pin-up boy and all healthy judgement flies out of the window. Take away the pin-up boy and they are forced to judge the movie on its real merits - a task that women are equally, if not more, capable of doing under hunk-less circumstances, but a task which they are mysteriously robbed of the ability to do if an Adonis is present on the screen. This disabling effect is detectable by observing the involuntary symptoms it produces, such as cooing, sighing, nervous giggling, unblinking stares, and during rare moments of silence, mouths agape and salivating uncontrollably. God forbid they should ever be in the physical presence of their idol as this can cause many girls extreme pain, reducing them to fits of crying, screaming hysterically, shouting irrational declarations of love and, in the worst cases, reaching forth desparately with vice-like claws to wrench off a part of their idol, such as clothing, hair, eyeballs, no matter - anything will do, in order that their home-made shrines should become more complete. This lapse in rational behaviour is what I mean by "jello-head". I hope this explanation is satisfactory. And now, back to Indy. Indiana Mungo.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]