Re: Noel Howard Bag Strap

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Professor Jones from 198.30.143.253 on April 19, 1999 at 13:28:04:

In Reply to: Noel Howard Bag Strap posted by Joel E. on April 19, 1999 at 11:20:25:

: I just got my Noel Howard bag strap in the mail today(Monday 4/19). I just ordered it on Wednesday the 14th and they mailed it on the 15th. Pretty quick service....The strap itself looks fine to me. The color is like the one in "Raiders", almost a reddish brown. The top side of the strap is finished while the under side is rough leather. The buckle does, like someone else said, look worn and weathered which to me makes it look more authentic. The "stitches" that are said to run along the strap are nothing more than grooves...no stitches or thread, just two parallel indents that run the length of the strap. I ordered the 71" model and it looks like it'll fit me perfect. I'm 5'10" so with the buckle in the middle of my chest, the ends that'll be attached to the bag end up just a little below my waist. I don't think I could've made a better strap, or have had one made that is as close as this one for only $17.00. I'm more than satisfied with it and the shipping time was icing on the cake. Now I just have to order the whip holder from Noel Howard....has anyone else? What does it look like and how much does it cost?

I have to concur with Joel E. I, too, just received my leather strap
from Mr. Howard (ordered it just last week) and it looks great... same
square, sliver buckle, British Tan (as in Raiders), and quite soft
and flexible. A very nice touch to the Mark VII bag.

Regards,
Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: