Other cameos?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from ppp2-47.ruralnet.net on April 20, 1999 at 15:38:10:

In Reply to: DAN AYKROYD IN INDY - RUMOURED REASON BEHIND IT posted by HANNIBAL KING on April 20, 1999 at 05:08:40:

: Hey,
: This may just be a rumour, but I remember reading that Dan Aykroyd appeared in the ToD because of a promise made to both him and John Belushi by Lucas in 1981. Apparently both actors were lined up to play groovy, alien musicians in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi (instead of the Sy Snootles band). However, this couldn't happen because of Belushi's tragic and stupid death. Aykroyd apparently decided not to do Jedi, but jumped at the chance of ToD.
: I was also wondering if anyone could confirm a strange rumour that I heard at the weekend. I know that Sean Connery was considered for the role of Spock's brother in Star Trek V. However the rumour states that he was ready to play the part (so ready that he had his eyebrows shaved off), but was called back for Last Crusade reshoots and therefore couldn't do it. The scenes that were reshot apparently have Connery with his hat pulled way down.
: Is this truth of pure unadulterated bunkum?

: Seeya
: Hannibal

The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives mentions there are a number of cameos in the ToD scene. Aykroyd is the only one I'm aware of. Anyone else know of any famous faces in the scene?

BMan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]