Re: Willis & Geiger shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from ki-proxy1.kosone.com on April 22, 1999 at 06:12:41:

In Reply to: Willis & Geiger shirt posted by Mark Indy on April 21, 1999 at 22:41:29:

: Just wondering, has anybody bought the Willis & Geiger shirt? I know it's not the exact Indy style, but seeing as the Noel Howard replica is probably going to exceed my budget limit, I thought about getting that one. What's the quality and how much does it shrink?

: I'd appreciate any info.

: Regards,
: Mark

Hi Mark:
I just got my Visa bill for the bag strap - so I can't imagine what the shirt will cost me! I have two W&G shirts, and while they aren't replicas of Indy's shirt, they're definately made in the "spirit" of adventure. I was skeptical when I bought them, I didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised. It seems that the "stone" colour of shirt is worn by Indy in Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, at least in my observation. The W&G shirt in light natural is very close to the Raiders colour. With a few modifications it'll do the job (and the price is right). You can expect the wrong button colour, no strips of material on each side of the front of the shirt, and the arms "billow" a little more than Indy's appear too. My solution is to just wear my wested over it, or if not roll the sleeves up. Oh yeah, there's also a button on each sleeve to attach the cuffs to when you roll up the sleeves, they can likely be removed with a stich ripper but don't quote me on that.

As for shrinking, I read all of the literature associated with the shirt, and I expected massive shrinking, so I ordered one size larger than I normally wear. It didn't shrink at all that much, so the shirt is a little bit big on me. Provided you follow the washing intrustions (essentially hand wash/machine wash cold, hang dry) you shouldn't have troubles.

Now for the bad news - every indication on the forum is that W&G are defunct. A hard blow for Indy enthusiasts and adventurers alike, you should see some of the cool stuff in their cataloque. But if you don't have any luck finding the shirt, I have a medium that I haven't taken out of the package that I'd be willing to part with at the same price they charge. Good luck!
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: