I was there too...and a general question about the movies

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dave from gate2.twi.com on April 23, 1999 at 08:15:12:

In Reply to: Indy movies at Greenbelt, Md. posted by Rocky on April 22, 1999 at 20:04:32:

My girlfriend and our friend Sean and I went down from NYC we were at the same screenings you were at - the prints weren't the greatest, hence the soundtrack problems. We spoke to the projectionist for a second and they apologized for the quality and said they were the only prints they could find! Raiders wasn't so bad although the sound got muffled during the convoy truck scene - can't wait for Lucas to give them the THX treatment before they head to DVD! Think they'll re-release the videos?

: Sorry for not getting this post up sooner, but this past Saturday, the 17th, my best friend and I took the trip from Pa. to Greenbelt theater to catch a couple of the Indy movies on their big 40 foot screen. All in all it was a great time. It's amazing how many Indy fans there are. We only got to see Crusade and, my favorite, Raiders. Temple started too late for us to stay and make the trek back to Pa. Crusade started at 5:00, and the theater wasn't too full. They say they can fit around 500 people in the theater, and I'd say it was about 25-30 per cent full. People still clapped for Indy, and laughed at the jokes and a few "whoa" and "watch out" even popped up.
: Raiders started at 7:30, and this was a different story. I'd say the theater was about 75 per cent full. It was great. And again, people clapped at the end of the movie and at the beginning. It was great.
: The films are showing their age however. Crusade had an annoying buzz through most of the picture, and even drowned out some of the dialogue at times. Raiders was in better shape however. Picture was a little faded, but sounded great except at the desert chase sequence. It sounded like one of the channels dropped out for about 2 minutes.
: Still overall it was a great experience. My friend and I talked about all the things we missed while watching it on the TV screen, noticing a lot more on the 40 foot screen.
: I envy the people of Greenbelt, Md. They're even going to show Citizen Kane and Casablanca there in the future, and it looks like they're getting episode one of Star Wars.
: Just wanted to let everyone know, Indy has a huge following of fans, and that the movies still draw them in, even after almost 20 years.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]