Re: Wested Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8fu.dialup.mindspring.com on April 23, 1999 at 09:50:09:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket posted by johnwhorfin on April 23, 1999 at 08:59:45:

: Has anyone bought a pre-distressed Wested Raiders jacket? I am going to buy one of the temple jackets but I haven't decided whether to go with the dark brown or the distressed. I know most of the pre-distressed jackets I've seen in stores look cheesy. Anyone have any pictures or testimonials, or has everyone bought the dark brown? Any help most appreciated.

I bought the pre-distressed version of the Crusade jacket. When it first arrived, I thought the color was perfect, basically dark brown but worn on the edges. It didn't look "cheesy". However, the pre-distressing makes the finish very susceptible to scratches and the color has worn off quite a bit in places, getting lighter and lighter, especially on the collar. I can imagine eventually it will look "cheesy". I 'll try and scan a picture, but my advice is to go with the new leather. I'm planning on getting another one with that finish. Hope this helps,

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]