Re: Indiana Jones knife

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 22.dayton-08-09rs.oh.dial-access.att.net on April 23, 1999 at 16:52:47:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones knife posted by Dan on April 23, 1999 at 13:48:05:

: What do you guys know about the Indiana Jones Khyber Bowie Knife? The U.S Calveraly(s.p.?), a military gear catalouge offers it and the Stetson,s "The Ark". The catalouge is old (1994?)but they might still offer it. You might call them or check out their website. Its the knife from the scene in TD with the bridge. That big sword/knife used to cut the bridge. It has Indys signature on the blade and the Indy logo on the leather sheath. Does any one have one? Do you know where else they offer them?

: (description)
: Indiana Jones Khyber Bowie Knife
: The Khyber Bowie is the kind of knife you would have expected "Indy" to carry with him. There's absolutely nothing plain about it. the exotic features include Cobra relief sculptures on each side of the the brass hand gaurd, a solid brass eagle head pommel, hard wood handle and a solid brass spine with brass pins. The Khyber Bowie-style 420 stainless steel blade is brush-finished with full-tang construction for Samson-like strength. To complete this treasure, "Indy's" ghostly signature is etched into the blade. The knife comes with a brown leather sheath with snap-secured strap and 4" (10 cm) belt loop. Overall @4" (61 cm), blade width 2 1/4" (6 cm)
: **w8898................................................$109.95

:
: Regards, Dan

: The Smokey Mountain Knife Works year end catalogue I recevied back in December had the 2nd edition knife still listed in it at $129. I will say the knife looks very nice but I have not seen one upclose and in person. You can find them on the web at http://www.smkwknife.com, but the web page is fairly small so it may not be in there, I would call them. I know a little (very little) about knives through my father and have heard United does not make a very good knife. But these are comments from people who use their knives everyday, all day long. So if you dont plan on "really" using the knife, disregard that last comment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]