Here's the grain of salt to my above post.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-238-15.snantx.swbell.net on April 24, 1999 at 11:27:41:

In Reply to: DVD vs conventional video. posted by Mithrandir on April 22, 1999 at 19:15:24:

: We just got a brand spanking new computer and it has a DVD player in it. I am amazed by the sound and picture quality as opposed to video. I have recently found out something else interesting between the two: in widescreen videos, not ALL of the picture is seen; whereas DVD shows (evidently) the entire picture.

: Two examples from Armageddon (for those who are willing to either find out or take my word for it): when the oil drillers and the NASA pilots meet, and the shot of the pilots after Truman says "I just thought you guys should meet", Tucker is visible/cut off in DVD/ws video. And when the pictures of the dead drillers are shown at the funeral, Noonan's picture is/is not completely shown on DVD/ws video.

: Just a little bit of trivia I discovered. Yes, I'm weird.

: Check six.

: -Mithrandir-

I just realized that I was making all the observations about the ws video while looking at a 13 or so inch TV. I remember somewhere it says that ws proportions will depend on the size of the TV screen used. Maybe for you guys and gals with bigger screens the entire picture is shown. I don't know.

BTW, barely a week after I buy the Armageddon DVD, the Collector's Edition rolls around. Confound it!!! Why don't the put the "collectors edition"s out on the shelves first?!

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: