Great one, I'll use it! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust117.tnt1.provo.ut.da.uu.net on April 25, 1999 at 12:22:47:

In Reply to: Re: "What are you supposed to be, a lion tamer?" posted by Michaelson on April 25, 1999 at 12:07:08:

: : I don't see why people are so embarrassed by comments from people who recognize the "Indy" icon they are supporting by wearing hats, jackets, etc. If you go on a trip, are having an adventure, and wear a fedora and then some tourist or local shouts "Indy!" or hums the "Raiders March," you should be happy that they recognize you as Indy. Most of the time they are just saying "Hey man, you look like Indiana Jones. I know who Indiana Jones is. I like Indiana Jones; he is a fun movie icon. Give me some kind social signal like a smile or wave that you see me seeing you when we share a common knowledge of something fun like Indy." It's like saying "Go Bucks!" to a guy wearing an Ohio State jersey. You think the guy is going to be embarrassed? You think the guy is going to even be ashamed if the comments are critical, like say coming from a Michigan fan?

: : Now face it. The Indy ensemble is easily recognizeable and very popular. You can't have it exclusively. You will never get away with it without at least one person saying something. I am so far past that problem. I just enjoy myself, and if someone says something, I laugh or wave.

: : It's also true though that some people look like they are wearing a costume, others look like they are wearing clothes. It depends on your comportment. Carry yourself in pride.

: : --nitzsche

: My stock answer for years has been "His job is lot more interesting than mine! How about you?" No one has disagreed yet. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]