Dressing up like Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from emb-r1-p493.cybertrails.com on April 25, 1999 at 17:10:58:

Hi all!

I just got back from a little trip to LA and here I see everyone trying to "justify" wearing their fedora/jacket/bag. So, to jump on the bandwagon... I don't own a fedora (it doesn't really fit the shape of my face), but I wear my Aussie "Crocodile Dundee" Akubra virtually everywhere, along with an USAAF A2 leather flying jacket... weather permitting of course. A curious side-effect is everytime some people see me (ie. my Rugby teammates) they start making whip noises and humming the Raiders March, which is really quite flattering! : ) As long as you play along and don't get offended, it's all in good fun and nobody's gonna think you're a wacko.

To some of you high-schoolers, just wait until you get to college. I have here already seen: hippies, jester caps, santa claus caps, color tophats, goths and even weirder stuff (like Army ROTC uniforms :) The "adventurer" look really makes you look quite conservative.

Please don't get locked into what somebody you hardly know wants you to be like.

Cheers!
Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: