Re: "What are you supposed to be, a lion tamer?"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from spider-th063.proxy.aol.com on April 25, 1999 at 19:03:59:

In Reply to: "What are you supposed to be, a lion tamer?" posted by nitzsche on April 25, 1999 at 11:59:53:

: I don't see why people are so embarrassed by comments from people who recognize the "Indy" icon they are supporting by wearing hats, jackets, etc. If you go on a trip, are having an adventure, and wear a fedora and then some tourist or local shouts "Indy!" or hums the "Raiders March," you should be happy that they recognize you as Indy. Most of the time they are just saying "Hey man, you look like Indiana Jones. I know who Indiana Jones is. I like Indiana Jones; he is a fun movie icon. Give me some kind social signal like a smile or wave that you see me seeing you when we share a common knowledge of something fun like Indy." It's like saying "Go Bucks!" to a guy wearing an Ohio State jersey. You think the guy is going to be embarrassed? You think the guy is going to even be ashamed if the comments are critical, like say coming from a Michigan fan?

: Now face it. The Indy ensemble is easily recognizeable and very popular. You can't have it exclusively. You will never get away with it without at least one person saying something. I am so far past that problem. I just enjoy myself, and if someone says something, I laugh or wave.

: It's also true though that some people look like they are wearing a costume, others look like they are wearing clothes. It depends on your comportment. Carry yourself in pride.

: --nitzsche

LOL!!! That comment you said about yelling out to a sports fan reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me and my friend at Disneyland. We saw this guy wearing an Arizona football state shirt, and she told me to yell "Bear down!" at him, because her family was an Arizona fan. So, I yelled at him, and he gave me a big smile and yelled "Yah!!!!" throwing his hands up in the air. Then later that day we saw another shirt wearing person, so she told me to yell at him. So I did, and the look on his face was like "Girl you need to get help now, get away from me". He even picked up his pace!!! LOL. I guess it can go both ways. But when I get my Wested, I'm going to wear it to school. I think it would look so cute, with a miniskirt, and dress shirt. (Well at least I think so) OK, just thought I would share my little story. Bye!
~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]