it's not too late... (veiled adult-themed satire ahead)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inbanana Jones from alpha3.csd.uwm.edu on April 25, 1999 at 21:38:00:

In Reply to: OK, since the forum is a little.......... posted by Tessa and Meg on April 25, 1999 at 20:35:37:

to whip it: into shape! Move forward! Get straight! It's not too late to whip it! Whip it good!
Oh my, now here's a deep dark secret: Indy as leather-clad, whip-wielding, cross-dressing (desert robes?)dominatrix... Could this be related to the earlier thread, e.g. what caused the pre-ROLA Marion/Indy rift?
Marion: I was a child, I was in love!
Indy: You knew what you were doing!
Perhaps Marion discovered that the love between them wasn't so innocent after all; Indy really couldn't get in the mood unless there was some light B&D. Either it broke Marion's innocent heart or it broke her bank when she couldn't pay Indy's high dungeon fees...
All three Indy films are just veiled sexual metaphors laced with S&M (and other)themes:
ROLA: Indy taunting the tied-up Marion with release (?!?) just before he uses his staff to penetrate the "secret chamber".
TOD: Indy endures a severe lashing with his own toys before capturing phallic fertility symbols from the forces of the goddess of sex and death.
LC: Indy receives goodbyes full of pleasure and pain and admits to being in love with a dog.
Ok, LC may stray a bit from the theme. But don't lets forget the sexual meanings assigned to the Grail by mediaeval alchemists and others.
By the way, what's with that tank driver from Last Crusade? Wasn't that D-Day from "Animal House"???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]