Re: Here you go Ben

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben, friend of Indy from integrityonline30.com on April 26, 1999 at 09:54:13:

In Reply to: Here you go Ben posted by dave on April 26, 1999 at 09:07:44:

: Ben - happy birthday, congrats and good thinking. Here's what I came up with - the Germans got the copy of the headpiece from the scar on Toht's hand but the copy would have been made in Germany, not in the desert (they didn't have the facilities there I'd guess) at that point it was probably courriered to Dietrich and Belloq before Belloq ever met Toht. Also, Toht isn't actually intrduced to Belloq in the movie in a "pleased to meet you" kind of way - the first we see them together is when Dietrich say "I have za perfect man for this type of work" (or whatever) and then Toht salutes and we see the scar. Maybe they'd met before, or knew of one another.

: That's a pretty good theory on #2.

Thank you!

:
: : OK, here's some stuff I noticed when I watched Raiders last night (very, very late)and I wanted to share the stuff with you guys, so here we go:

: : 1. How DID the Nazis get a copy of the Headpiece??? I mean, sure, Toht very well COULD HAVE already been there before Dietrich introduced him to the audience with ONE side (of course) of the Headpiece burned into his hand, but Belloq apparently didn't know about Toht with the one side of the Headpiece burned into his hand yet, because Deitrich had to introduce Toht with, blah, blah, you no what I'm saying next. So, where DID they get the "Headpiece".....?

: : 2. At first, when heard that they switched baskets and Marion didn't get blown up, I thought, "Why would they wanna switch baskets?", but last night it (sort of) came to me: They were TRYING to get Indy to follow them, and when they got Marion's basket, they met with two other guys and gave them Marion's basket, and the second set of guys took Marion back to the site. Meanwhile, the other guys took the decoy basket to lead Indy away, and, I think you guys know the rest. But why did they need Marion, they already thought they knew where the Well of Souls was, and they didn't know yet that it was the wrong spot that they were digging in. That's the problem with my theory.

: : Please, PLEASE respond to me.

: : P.S. I turned 9, and my Dad says I can watch all of Raiders now!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]