You mean Jack Dalton the bush pilot?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8e1.dialup.mindspring.com on April 26, 1999 at 11:51:42:

In Reply to: Indy Replies from ToD posted by MAJ Paul on April 26, 1999 at 01:26:48:

: : to whip it: into shape! Move forward! Get straight! It's not too late to whip it! Whip it good!
: : Oh my, now here's a deep dark secret: Indy as leather-clad, whip-wielding, cross-dressing (desert robes?)dominatrix... Could this be related to the earlier thread, e.g. what caused the pre-ROLA Marion/Indy rift?
: : Marion: I was a child, I was in love!
: : Indy: You knew what you were doing!
: : Perhaps Marion discovered that the love between them wasn't so innocent after all; Indy really couldn't get in the mood unless there was some light B&D. Either it broke Marion's innocent heart or it broke her bank when she couldn't pay Indy's high dungeon fees...
: : All three Indy films are just veiled sexual metaphors laced with S&M (and other)themes:
: : ROLA: Indy taunting the tied-up Marion with release (?!?) just before he uses his staff to penetrate the "secret chamber".
: : TOD: Indy endures a severe lashing with his own toys before capturing phallic fertility symbols from the forces of the goddess of sex and death.
: : LC: Indy receives goodbyes full of pleasure and pain and admits to being in love with a dog.
: : Ok, LC may stray a bit from the theme. But don't lets forget the sexual meanings assigned to the Grail by mediaeval alchemists and others.
: : By the way, what's with that tank driver from Last Crusade? Wasn't that D-Day from "Animal House"???

: SM? As Indy says, "What a vivid imagination!"

: As for the tank driver and D-Day, boy they do look similar don't they? But if you remember that guy D-Day ended up on the old "McGeiver" TV show. He was seen to have put on a lot of pounds! I don't think it was him in Last Crusade though. -MP

He used to fly MacGyver around in old prop planes. Didn't he have an airline in South America. Reminds me of Indiana Jones.

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]