A Raiders reference on MST3K!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-030.inetnebr.com on April 26, 1999 at 14:59:33:

I can't believe I forgot about it... but today I was going through my tapes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (yeah, I record it every week). I was watching a few of my favorites, when I came upon one VERY interesting scene.

In an episode from two seasons ago, when Mike and the Robots watched a movie called "Parts: The Clonus Horror", there was a VERY long, VERY distinct reference from "Raiders of the Lost Ark". It was in one of the sketches, from when Mike and the 'Bots leave the movie theater. A bunch of kids were hassling the villainess, Pearl Forrester, and she was begging Mike and the Robots to do something entertaining for the kids, on TV, so that she could escape. Here's the dialogue:...

Pearl: Mike, you know me... I'm a patient woman. SHUT UP KIDS!!!!!!! I sure could use a break... I sure could use that ol' electronic babysitter right now... So could you guys whip up a TV show? One of those public TV shows? You know, with all the educational crap on it? You know?

Mike (who is speaking VERY calmly, fingering a knife.): Ah, Mrs. Forrester! You need me, and I hold all the power. Once again we discover that there is nothing you can possess, I you cannot take away. Too bad. The Hovitos could have warned you, if only you spoke Hovitos! Hokono mutuso! Woooo Ki!!!!!

Pearl: OH!!!!!!! Would you just HELP ME OUT?!?!?

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]