Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BAM from p56-barbet-gui.tch.virgin.net on April 14, 1998 at 11:22:16:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. posted by Michaelson on April 14, 1998 at 09:04:05:

Totally agree with everyone. It's what you want it to look like that counts. In movies they only use what they can get - there are no real rules to stick to. Artistic licencing I think - even down to the costumes. The bag I have has 2 drain / breather holes but again there were a few variations in these bags anyway.

Just as a point of interest - no-one seems to be asking too much about Indy's trouser / pants belt. The standard brass roller on a web belt. But again there's a change from film to film. In Raiders & TOD Indy has a brown web belt with the brass roller but in LC , it's khaki.

Again it's what's avail at the time the movies made. Anyone have any clues about the brown web belt? I know the US military in WW2 had a tan web belt with brass roller, khaki is associated alot with air force / navy officers, etc.

Khaki belts with brass roller used to be avail from The Cockpit in Long Island NY.

regards all,

BAM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: