Pocket Knife description.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James (Lambert) from port2.westworld.ca on April 27, 1999 at 14:23:28:

In Reply to: Re: Well, this might not help Jimmy, but... posted by red four on April 26, 1999 at 19:32:45:

: Hi James, is there a name or style printed on the knife anywhere? Some people here on the Forum think the knife is a Case brand, but the shape of the bolsters (the silver ends of the knife) are the wrong shape, at least to my eye (I'm comparing them to current Case knives). Could you post a description of what you have there please?

: Also, to anyone else reading, can you tell me what you think the shape of the pocketknife blade is? It would help to identify the knife. I think it is a clip point, but can't be sure. Maybe someone with a widescreen laserdisc or video could tell for sure. If it is a classic style like the "Stockman" or the "Canoe" there are many versions available, from cheap knock-offs to high quality knives. I sell a lot of pocket knives, so this item has had me interested for a while now.

Hey there!

Well, my knife isn't here right now, so my description won't be to detailed until tommorrow. But here goes:

It has a rough black surface on both sides. It could be this stag that you guys are talking about, but I'm not a knife expert. It has silver ends on both sides with a hook (it could be used to attach it to a key-chain) on one end. The general condition of of the piece is pretty good, except for the fact that the blades don't come out that easily. It looks old and could very well could have been used around the thirties, but probably after.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]