Double buckle on bag strap, belt and pants...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from ascend73.extern.uni-essen.de on April 14, 1998 at 12:52:05:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree! posted by BAM on April 14, 1998 at 11:22:16:

: Totally agree with everyone. It's what you want it to look like that counts. In movies they only use what they can get - there are no real rules to stick to. Artistic licencing I think - even down to the costumes. The bag I have has 2 drain / breather holes but again there were a few variations in these bags anyway.

: Just as a point of interest - no-one seems to be asking too much about Indy's trouser / pants belt. The standard brass roller on a web belt. But again there's a change from film to film. In Raiders & TOD Indy has a brown web belt with the brass roller but in LC , it's khaki.

: Again it's what's avail at the time the movies made. Anyone have any clues about the brown web belt? I know the US military in WW2 had a tan web belt with brass roller, khaki is associated alot with air force / navy officers, etc.

: Khaki belts with brass roller used to be avail from The Cockpit in Long Island NY.

: regards all,

: BAM

Thanks BAM,
mine has got two drain holes as well. I'm really interested in buying the Indy pants but as this film-industries-only company (Angels & Burmans) made them there's no chance to get the real thing...

The color is actually a greyish kahki - darker than the shirt. I bought similar pants (at least the same color) but the material was pretty poor, very thin. I wore them when I was in Austria and a piece of barbed wire made a big hole in it. It looked pretty ridiculos. Anyway I'm still looking for pants in the same color and of similar material. I think these pants are relatively rare because most of the adventure pants are of another color and most of them are made with big leg pockets like the ones used by the Army.

I really don't know much about the belt - the only thing I know is that it is a military belt. I'm also interested in the holster used by Indy and the leather loop he uses to carry his whip. I never read anything about this. The loop is just a piece of leather with a snap fastener I suppose but it would be interesting to know the color and measurements. I think it's quite useful - especially if you own a whip...

I'd appreciate further information - thanks a lot,

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: