Re: How long lasts a shoulder bag?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2-external.frmt1.sfba.home.com on April 28, 1999 at 12:21:37:

In Reply to: How long lasts a shoulder bag? posted by explorer on April 28, 1999 at 11:39:55:

: I've ordered my shoulder bag at Sentimental Journey and it
: came to me in a well-worn condition.Now my question:
: Does anybody know how long it takes a used shoulder bag
: to disintegrate? Do I have to worry?
: Can it get damaged by washing in by machine?(because it looks quite dirty)

: If anybody knows ,or has experience with these great bags
: i'd be glad to read his reply!

Don't put your bag in the washing machine! I know a couple of people who did this, and the bag's color faded a bit. Hand washing, with a mild Woolite type cleaner, is the recommended choice for cleaning. As for the deterioration, I don't think this is something you'll have to worry about. Cotton canvas is designed to be extremely tough and durable; there are still original levi's jeans out there, after all, that are twice as old as the bags (though admittedly, these were made out of the similiar hemp). Just take the normal precautions: store in a relatively dry and cool place, watch out for moths, don't abuse the bag (like leaving it exposed to the sun in a parked car all day, etc.). I recently bought an unissued bag that was probably stored in a warehouse and it looks brand new, like it was just made in the late nineties rather than the forties. Even my used bags are structurally strong, and I'm not really worried about them falling apart during my lifetime. Just take care of your bag, and I'm sure it will last a very long time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]