Re: Wearing Indy's clothes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Drone32 from 208.248.107.153 on April 28, 1999 at 13:02:15:

In Reply to: Wearing Indy's clothes... posted by Brian on April 26, 1999 at 02:41:10:

You're telling me... I have now aquired every bit of the german tropical outfit. This is not due to my having Nazi sympathies mind you, I've just always dug the "bad guys", Nazis, Stormtroopers, Cylon Centurians (anybody?) you know.. I am a military collector and have done some research concerning the Afrika Korps, and historically speaking, they weren't even in the desert until like, 1940 in Tripoli. Not that anyone said that is who they were supposed to be...Anyway, dude I don't blame you for not wearing your Indy gear out on the town, after spending that kind of money, do what I did and get a manequin to put it on.

: One saying comes to mind: "If the shoe fits, wear it". In other words, are you willing to "risk" your pride, laugh in the face of danger(ous insults), run from a giant boulder (or for a bus) then DO IT!! The modern day dangers of a daily adventure. We're not going to die wearing our Indy stuff so what the hell. You only live once.

: I admire all of you who have the courage to wear your stuff, carry the bag, etc..

: Personally I have never worn my Fedora outside. I wear the jacket regularly, but the only comments I ever got were "hey, that's a nice jacket", not Indy tunes, etc.. : ( Unfortunately though I live in a culture were being different IS laughed at and frowned upon. I'm already up to my eyes in other interests that get me comments and laughs, but hey that's life. I don't worry though.

: THe reason I don't wear my Fedora is because at that price, I can't afford to easily replace it if it got blown away or something. Or nicked even!

: Actually, after receiving the NH bag, I tried the outfit on (I have a shirt and trousers that are accurate enough to look at apart from the shirt "runners"). And when it was all on (including holster, etc..) it was the most comfortable setup I've ever worn. Not at all restrictive that I thought it might be. Needless to say, I never went outside or anything.

: What I hold my breath for is someone to have a fancy dress party, for Hallowe'en or something, then I would wear it all. Maybe I might arrange one sometime, just for the hell of it... : )

: Until then,

: Regards,

: Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: