Re: What about David Arnold?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom from slip-32-100-32-102.mn.us.ibm.net on April 29, 1999 at 20:41:47:

In Reply to: Re: John Williams would DEFINITELY do it. posted by Aragorn on April 28, 1999 at 21:00:29:

: I'd go with Jerry Goldsmith. After Williams, he's GOTTA be my favorite film composer. Michael Kamen is good, though... I LOVED his soundtrack for "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" and "Highlander".

Ugh, no! While he's a big name, Goldsmith tends to drag on - not really suited for an Indy movie. Kamen might work, if we can contain his ego. ;)

Really, i'd go with David Arnold. Could be the next Williams, IMO. I don't know how old he is, but his first movie composition was in 1990 - and he already has a ton of big name credits including Stargate, ID4, A Life Less Ordinary, Tomorrow Never Dies.

He does well with the large symphonic pieces, but don't know about the nice slow, romantic pieces required for an Indy film (then again, neither Stargate or ID4 really gave him much material to work with - can't say I remember the other movies)

I'm just glad Williams did the new Star Wars movie.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]