Indy4 Requests

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AFAN from host-209-214-176-228.cae.bellsouth.net on May 01, 1999 at 12:25:08:

Hi,
Due to the "official" word from Denver, just thought I'd mention a few requests I have for Indy4. First, I hope they again use relative unknowns when they cast the parts. One of the things I've always loved about these movies is that you never really knew any of the people playing the roles, (with few exceptions). It allowed them to always be fresh, and for the actors to be identified only through that role. It's becoming a rare thing to see a big budget movie nowadays without saying, "Oh, I didn't know HE was in this too." I've mostly been thinking about this since they cast The Phantom Menace, and included big name actors. I mean, would you really want to have seen a big "movie star" playing Mola Ram? (I don't know if he was big overseas at the time or not, but in my opinion he still IS Mola Ram!) Or, would you really want Indy's love interest to be Sandra Bullock?

My other request would be that Indy's age not be an issue in the movie. We've had to wait long enough for this movie, and I have no desire to see Indy reduced in any way! For example, (if you saw Lethal Weapon 4), I was disappointed to see that Mel Gibson's character had apparently lost all his martial arts skills! His fighting ability had always been a big part of the character. I can appreciate them addressing it, but Mel's only in his 40's! Indy was ready to go back in the early 90's, but had to wait on everybody's schedule, so don't short-change him or the fans now!!!

Most importantly, HARRISON FORD IS INDIANA JONES!!!! Indy is different from Batman, Superman, James Bond, etc. in that he wasn't a character before Raiders. I can't believe people have said they should get another actor, just so they could make future sequels. I'd much rather have Lucasfilms work on Indy videogames or books, than a Ford-less movie!! Indy is actor-owned, just as Norman Bates or Mr. Spock do not exist w/o Anthony Perkins or Leonard Nimoy, respectively. (Vince Vaughn had the public prove this, in the recent Psycho.)

Just a few thought, what do you think?

PS. And for god's sake, Steven, don't make another Jurassic Park movie before the next Indy!!!! In fact, the next time you feel the urge to make one- Don't!! Make another Indy then too!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]