Re: Temple of Doom & Indian Cinema Parallels

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ari Braginsky from x2-3.ic.avalon.net on April 14, 1998 at 17:01:56:

In Reply to: Re: Temple of Doom & Indian Cinema Parallels posted by Michaelson on April 14, 1998 at 13:00:19:

: From what I have heard from a graduate assistant here at the University, apparently the problem was one of the separation of the classes regarding who would, or for that fact could, interact with whom in the script. It was political, social, and traditional problems that reared their heads in the development of the movie. Incidentally, it was also stated that it was the first time that the Hindi language had ever been spoken in a movie seen outside of India/ Sri Lanka. This is the information I was just told a few minutes ago. I was aware of the Hindi language information, but brother, the other was an eyeopener because of the deep seated feelings that were conveyed regarding the political problems this movie reared. As was shown in the movie, the history of the British and their history in India is still spoken by their people as almost current events, not past history. Yes, I believe it would make a MOST interesting paper indeed, considering what I just experienced. Regards. Michaelson

Excellent information! Thanks...Now all I need is some kind of formal
document, etc..for me to work off of...Damn..there's GOT to be
an essay, article, etc. out there somewhere :)

-Ari

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]