Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 14, 1998 at 19:49:55:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree! posted by Max Schulte on April 14, 1998 at 13:23:29:

: : : Totally agree with everyone. It's what you want it to look like that counts. In movies they only use what they can get - there are no real rules to stick to. Artistic licencing I think - even down to the costumes. The bag I have has 2 drain / breather holes but again there were a few variations in these bags anyway.

: : : Just as a point of interest - no-one seems to be asking too much about Indy's trouser / pants belt. The standard brass roller on a web belt. But again there's a change from film to film. In Raiders & TOD Indy has a brown web belt with the brass roller but in LC , it's khaki.

: : : Again it's what's avail at the time the movies made. Anyone have any clues about the brown web belt? I know the US military in WW2 had a tan web belt with brass roller, khaki is associated alot with air force / navy officers, etc.

: : : Khaki belts with brass roller used to be avail from The Cockpit in Long Island NY.

: : : regards all,

: : : BAM

: : The military dress belt can be pretty much obtained at any military surplus store. I've worn my buckle since 1981, and the brass has since completely worn off to the point that the buckle is totally silver in color. It's been on at least 6 different webbings, each totally worn out with use. The webbing can be purchased separately at 54 inches, to be trimmed to desired length. The currently issued belt is elastic, so look for the cotton webbing if you should ever order it from a catalog, not the "current issue" belts. The buckles have changed some too. The belt color I have personally never really paid much attention to. I have always worn black. Seems to hold it's integrity longer. Not sure why. The brown belt just doesn't seem to hold up quite as long. Regards. Michaelson

: Michaelson, is it the normal Army belt which they use in connection with their trousers or is it a special equiptment belt? Thanks, Max

One additional item, it was the trouser belt, not equipment use. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]