Re: This is a major question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from emb-r1-p502.cybertrails.com on May 02, 1999 at 16:34:38:

In Reply to: Re: This is a major question... posted by Danno on May 02, 1999 at 15:18:02:

: : : I don't know quite how to word it.
: : : Here goes nothing...
: : : If indy IV doesn't get made, you all sound like you'll have a heart attack. It's almost like you won't be true fans of the first three and that you're putting too much emphisis on IF Indy IV does get made. Would any of you still want an Indy IV so much if the word had not been that there would be one? Would you even care? I mean obviously you would but what would you think if they didn't make one. Personally I'm happy with the first three. But that's just me. I would like to see another Indy movie but if it doesn't work out then it's also not that big of a disappointment to me either.

: : : LFM

LFM, I waited for an Indy 4 ever since Last Crusade ran in the theaters, long before there was any serious talk about another one. I truly believe that it's not only going to be made, but that it's going to be a great movie as well... something carefully developed, unlike LC which seems to have served as a hasty wrap-up, and we're all going to be pleasantly surprised once again. Wanting an Indy 4 doesn't make me appreciate the trilogy any less, or make me any less of an Indy-fan. I agree the trilogy is a masterpiece as it is, but you always want more of a great thing, you know?

To end on an optimistic note, here's a Harrison Ford quote from a 1989 issue of Starlog magazine, responding to a question whether or not Crusade was going to be the last Indy film: "Well, if there's anything I learned from Sean Connery, it's to never say never again."

G'day luv,
Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: