Re: Raiders inconsistency (not the sub)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 210-55-144-148.dialup.xtra.co.nz on May 03, 1999 at 20:42:26:

In Reply to: Raiders inconsistency (not the sub) posted by Mark Indy on May 03, 1999 at 20:36:40:

: I just remembered something while watching Raiders on TBS two days ago. It always bugged me when Indy drives the truck with the ark into Omar's garage, how did he know where to go and how did the townspeople know he was coming!? It looked like they had everything planned and ready before Indy drove in. He told Sallah and Marion to meet him in Cairo, plus they didn't know what he was going to do anyway since "he made it up as he went" as we all know, so there was no way they could have sent any word ahead to the town. Does the novelisation clarify this? - I never read it. I suppose the town could be Cairo, but the time frame of the chase seems much to short to get from the dig site to Cairo... the desert is three weeks in every direction!

Indy does say "Meet me at Omar's". Maybe that was a generic plan he and Sallah had come up with over years of adventuring together.

-Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]