Re: Temple AND Crusade, What did Harrison wear?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts2-h2-51-47.ispmodems.net on May 03, 1999 at 21:48:56:

In Reply to: Re: Temple AND Crusade, What did Harrison wear? posted by R. Ravenwood on May 03, 1999 at 19:13:32:

Hi, All the movie jackets were made from lambskin, and were dark brown. As to the lining, both the satin and the cotton are said to be correct, with the satin not as breathable as the cotton, so it is better for cooler weather (the satin). I don't know which is more durable, but I would think they would be about the same. I'm hoping someone will post what they think, I want my jacket to be perfect! It'll probably turn out that it doesn't even make that much difference.

I'm also going to check the vault to see if this has been discussed before (the linings). I'm sure it has, but I've read alot of the old posts (the vault is a wealth of information) and can't remember anyone's preferences.

Thanks,

John D
:
: Which lining is more durable? And was the original Jacket made for the movies made of lambskin or cowhide?

: R. Ravenwood

: :
: : : : : I got a reply from Wested yesterday. I asked Mr.Botwright what the current turnaround time on a jacket is. He said current delivery is 28 days.

: : : : : Also, I asked about the lengths of the jackets. He said that the Temple AND Crusade versions are one inch longer than the Raiders. This info is different than what is posted on Indy's Diggs, so I figured I'd post it here.

: : : : : Mr. Botwright said he is currently working on Mission Impossible 2, Pinocchio 2, and the new Bond film.

: : : : : In case anyone was curious,
: : : : : John D

: : : : : I goy a reply also. Jacket on the way.

: : : Thanks for that info. I better call them 'cause I just ordered a Raiders version based on the measurements of my Crusade Jacket! If what you said is true it's going to be too short!Aaaaahhhhhhh

: : : Abner

: : Glad I could help. Could you tell me your preference as to the lining. I'm thinking of ordering a satin lining, but I'm worried it will be too warm. What do you think?

: : Thank you,

: : John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: