Linings

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8da.dialup.mindspring.com on May 03, 1999 at 21:57:06:

In Reply to: Re: Temple AND Crusade, What did Harrison wear? posted by R. Ravenwood on May 03, 1999 at 19:13:32:

: : Glad I could help. Could you tell me your preference as to the lining. I'm thinking of ordering a satin lining, but I'm worried it will be too warm. What do you think?

: : Thank you,

: : John D

I have the cotton lining which is very nice and smooth as far as cotton goes but I wanted to try for the satin which looks better and will hopoefully pick up less cat hair. If it's too warm, it's probably too warm for the jacket. I'm guessing they switched over to the cotton for comfort because the films were shot in VERY hot climates but realistically how often do you wear the jacket in India or South America? It's too bad they don't make a silk lining-- That would have the benefit of being more authentic to the 1930s, look really sharp, and as a natural fabric would breathe as easy as cotton I imagine. Another thing-they say the Crusade Jacket had a cotton lining, but if you look close in the scene where Indy and his Dad are sitting on the motorcycle before they go to Berlin, the lining looks shiny like satin. However, it is hard to ascertain anything accurate about the props from the films. Still, I wonder if some of the Jackets had a satin lining for closeup shots.

Gonna call Wested tommorrow- I hope it's not too late!
The information on their company website is the same as Diggs, so they better change it to be more accurate.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: