Re: Stetson Indy 005 hat HELP!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2-external.frmt1.sfba.home.com on May 04, 1999 at 03:22:59:

In Reply to: Stetson Indy 005 hat HELP! posted by Steve on May 03, 1999 at 19:48:44:

: I am very interested in acquiring some specs on this particular hat. If you own one would you kindly tell me the height of the crown at the front of the hat, the height at the side from the brim to the crown,and the width of the ribbon. I own a Stetson Nostalgia, a Stetson Temple, and one of Gary Whites repros. The 005 Indy looks remarkably like the Temple, at least from the photos. The Temple has a crown that tapers, and I was wondering if the 005 Indy was this way also. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated as I have to purchase my hats sight unseen. Thanks, Steve

The 005 Indy is the same hat as the Nostalgia. Millerhats just creases the crown and adds a couple of side dents. Plus they offer three brim sizes: the original 2 3/4 and two shorter brims of 2 5/8 and 2 1/2. The hat doesn't taper like the Temple, but instead has the boxed out look of the movie hat. The ribbon is the same as the Nostaglia, about 1 1/2 inches (39mm). I don't really see the point of getting this hat if you already have a Nostalgia and several other Indy replicas. Personally, I would save up for the Herbert Johnson fedora, since you already have the closest copies.

Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]