Ford IS Indy!!!!!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from ip176-82.ingrammicro.com on May 04, 1999 at 18:37:30:

In Reply to: For those who believe that Ford IS Indy... posted by Rob Roy on May 04, 1999 at 10:40:38:

Lets not see someone else play the part! Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Some of what you saw kind-of makes sense, but it also confuses me. You talked about Shakespeare. That is theater, it is meant to be played by different people, and portryed in diffrent ways.
Sorry if what I'm saying id not understandable, because it's hard for me to put my feelings and ideas into words. I'll try my best to explain. Harrison Ford created the role of Indiana Jones. He did so in his mannerisims, and facal expression, objectives, obstacles, etc. Originally when we see a character in a movie, that's the lats time we will see it, because there will be no others. But with seguels changing actors has got out of hand, you can see that in many things. LIke when your a kid and your wacthing say The wonder Years. Savage is Kevin Arnold. If someone else was to become Kevin Arnold, many people wouldn't believe it, but would be forced too. I'm sure
many people have watched a movie or T'V show, and another actor comes in and plays a character. I'm sure it confused you at first, and then if you still wacthed that show you were forced into believeing that that actor was that character. In theater actors perform plays, that are meant to be played over and over again, and meant to be played differently by each actor. It's like that in many dramatist scenes, because all there is is words, dialouge. It doesn't tell you how to perform it, how the character feels, what the characters backround is..you as the actor have to find out by getting stuff from the script, or creating it. Shakespeare plays are put on by different people
and that's how it's suppose to be. Harrison Ford is the TRUE Indiana Jones. Other actors might try to play "Indy", but they will only be that. They will be doing what Ford has already done. So, they are just mimicking him. I do not want to see nayone else play Indy. Of course in the future they might be stupid subservant people and have another actor come in to play what is Ford's. If they do that The Indiana Jones legacy will loose it's value, and brillant everything. It will become like the Bond thing, and might produce a few acceptable movies, but it will have lost alot. I hope you understand what I'm saying, because I know I can't explain everything my head is thinking. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, no matter what happens.....

Meg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]