Indiana Jones and the LAW OF ONE!!!!!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dietrich from 169.144.31.30 on May 05, 1999 at 06:56:02:

Well, there's a Sci-Fi World mag out with an article on the ten best movies you'll never see and why - and Indy 4 is one of them. They looked at all of the contenders for the screenplay, somehow not realizing that "Sons of Darkness" was a fake. They gave a summary of LAW OF ONE: While teaching at Stanford in 1953, Professor Indiana Jones meets a student named Annie - who's thirst for ancient knowledge rivals his own at that age. When Annie acts up in class, Jones disciplines her by forcing her to clean and sort his closet - stuffed full of antiquities. Evil Chinese agents break in and kidnap her, stealing an ancient Alexandrian tome. Indy realizes that they are looking for an archaic destructive device reponsible for the sinking of Atlantis. As Indy sets off to her rescue, he learns that Annie is the daughter of his old flame, Willie Scott.

They also gave a short summary of the "Garden of Peaches" script by Chris Columbus and Jeb Stuart's "Saucer Men from mars" travesty. No mention was made of Raiders of the Fallen Empire, though.

As a side note... In light of McCallum's comments regarding an Indy 4 that is year's off, let me ask this question of everyone in the forum: IF they had a script that was "great" don't you think it would be moving into production as we speak???? I mean, why the delay? Sure, Ford's busy, but he made it abundantly clear on that Barbara Walters special a few years back that he's ready to play Indy again. Being from Pittsburgh, I never would have guessed that a "New York minute" (unlike the conventional ones) lasts "4 to 5" years. The bottom line is that if it isn't made soon, it probably won't be made. It's ten years this summer since Last Crusade. Are we really to believe that Lucas, Ford and Spielberg will make a sequel to a movie that's fifteen year old???? Hey, here's hoping - but don't hope too hard.

Let's just pray that they digitally remaster the original trilogy and put out a nice, boxed set oof DVDs - with all kinds of added goodies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]