Out of action...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aquinas from Panther3360.eiu.edu on May 05, 1999 at 12:37:41:

Hey all,

I was working on a final project for a class of mine when I turned on the T.V. and saw Last Crusade on the screen. I was thinking that its been a while since I last posted or even visited the forum.

With all the Star Wars hype, which I am looking forward to, I had forgotten to finish the latest Indy novel. I have to say, it was a great book. I really enjoyed it. Indy just really appeals to the grown up and the kid in all of us. I'mnot trying to get philosophical here, just ruminating. There is just more of an appeal to us of a bygone era when you could go almost anyplace in the globe, with OR without a passport, and not have to worry too much about a militant group kidnapping you or, whatever else, while your staring at the pyramids or walking through an excavation. Yeah, its a pretty fantastic notion but, it was so true back then. World's change.
How many of you can say that Indy doesn't appeal to you for at least some of those reasons. Indy and the time period have so much to do with my being a life-long Indyfan.

Sorry, I think its the lack of sleep, and too much coffee talking.
Oh,and I was wondering what was the general opinion of the latest book Is it just me or did you get the feeling of a perfect transition of Indy's life to the films ? Just wondering. Good God I'm tired...
NEED A VACATION...BEST...

--- Aquinas

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: