Not to sound mean, but I don't like your idea at all.NM

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dame from spider-tr041.proxy.aol.com on May 05, 1999 at 15:42:09:

In Reply to: Impressing! Rob Roy, I think you spoke right posted by MC on May 05, 1999 at 11:39:31:

: That's what Rob Roy said in a previous post:

: Nevertheless, within fifty, eighty, maybe a hundred years, if civilization still exists, the movie industry WILL revisit Indiana Jones. He has already become legendary, and will surely stay in the hearts and minds of generations to come. And, barring certain cryogenic or genetic engineering advances, I can almost guarantee that Ford will not be playing him. Why? Because these future fans will have realized something that all you "Ford or nothing" fans haven't. Indiana Jones is a CHARACTER, not an actor. A character, by definition, is the personality or part that an actor recreates. RE-creates. Meaning the character existed before the actor portrayed them. And so the character will exist after the actor is long gone. And will so exist when said character is portrayed by another actor. THAT is how you immortalize a character. You keep them going, not try and bottle them up for yourself. Trying to "savor" the Indiana Jones you all know and love is selfish beyond all comprehension. If fans of Bela Lugosi had won the right to deny future audiences of Dracula, we would not have been allowed the privilege to enjoy the many interpretations of such a magnanimous personage. The same goes for Shakespeare, Holmes or Dickens. Good or bad it doesn't matter. No single generation has the right to say what is perfect or sacred. There would be no sense in it after a hundred years, and there is no logic in trying to do it now. I say thank you to Harrison Ford for three great and memorable films. Now let's see someone else play the part.

: MC: And yes I agree! That's just too true! OK, we're tied with Ford, but an other Indy-Actor would not try to act like Ford ,but like Indiana Jones! And he may be more stylish and virile (Even if that's quite difficult!!! (-: )

: What do u others think ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]