Re: Max Schulte's Belt Question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 15, 1998 at 08:16:10:

In Reply to: Re: Max Schulte's Belt Question... posted by Max Schulte on April 15, 1998 at 05:10:09:

: : Max, I'm been a commissioned officer in the United States Army for over ten years so here's the real deal on your belt questions... The Army actually has two trouser belts. One belt is worn with the Class A Uniform (Green dress type) and the other belt is worn with the BDU (battle dress or field uniform). Both are black but the former has a brass buckle with roller and is made of cotton webbing. The latter has an open-faced, brass buckle painted black. Neither are elastic, although there are elastic versions made by non-contracted suppliers (I guess for Air Force-types with big guts). Anyways, the Marine Corps has a khaki cotton webbing belt which is probably what you are looking for. For information on a supplier see my message earlier in this string. -CP

: Thanks for the information CP. I didn't know that the Army uses
: different belts for the different uniforms. I already thought that
: the elastic belt was a civil production as an elastic piece wouldn't
: be that good under extreme conditions. And yes, I am interested in
: the Marine Corps version of the. Appearently that's the Indy style
: belt - at least in LC.

: By the way, the other belt he uses to carry gun holster and whip seems
: to be a very simple dark brown leather belt with a silver belt buckle.

: Reagrds,

: -Max

CP, I'll make sure your posting doesn't reach our Air Force folks....their my best source of stuff around here! We do have a few Marines in the mix too, and I have indeed seen the belt mentioned above. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]