Lack of gear pictures

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from prc-resnet39a.pr.erau.edu on May 06, 1999 at 18:41:02:

In Reply to: Re: Whip coloration posted by Laurie Jensen on May 06, 1999 at 14:54:42:

: : As I recall from previous discussions it was agreed that the dark coloration of the movie whip was due to age and that the David Morgan whips we can get now darken with age... However, in The Best of Lucasfilm Archives book there is a picture of one of the David Morgan whips (I assume) with a lighter, yellowish-tan, handle. The rest of the whip is the familiar dark shade. Has anybody figured out if maybe some oil was used to bring out the dark color instead of just aging? Something has to account for the difference in coloration. Any thoughts?

: : Sorry, I can't remember if this was brought up before.

: : Regards,
: : Mark

: I believe that the handle was dyed the lighter color so that the whip would look like a circus prop.

: I also agree with Brian about the lack of pictures for Indy's gear in the Archive book. The hat, jacket and whip are signature items for the character, and we never see any of them. Really, there aren't that many props in Indy (at least compared to Star Wars), so why couldn't they show the most famous stuff? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree with you both, I was also dissapointed there was no dedicated photographs of his stuff but there are some pictures where you can see the details - nothing we've never seen however. But the book was worth it at least for the concept sketches and storyboards. I noticed at least one mistake in the text though so far - the LC tank was a modified American Mk.VIII with what looks like a minaturized copy of a British Crommwell turret, as far as I can tell, not a German Mk.VII. I'll see if I can catch any more... : )

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]