Worth & Worth hat information

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 15, 1998 at 10:19:11:

Have been doing a little info gathering regarding the W & W hat listing in X Marks the Spot for those of us who really want a quality fedora, but can't spring for the originals from overseas. The Allegro listed as the close copy of the Indy hat just didn't seem quite correct to me, considering the width of the brim. I have been reading here and there, specifically on the IJ Equipment page, the brim width was 2 3/4 inches front and back, trimmed to 2 1/2 on the sides. Worth and Worth does offer another fedora with the correct top bash with a 2 3/4 brim called the Siena. It runs $10.00 more than the Allegro, at $195 plus shipping. I emailed them for details regarding this hat, as well as after sale service. I quote their reply..."The Siena is manufactured for us in Italy by a company called Cervo. We believe it is the finest quality fedora company. It has a satin inside lining. the sweat band is solid leather. We do steam and reblock our hats afterwards for as long as you own the hat. We ask only that you pay for the shipping box and shipping charge. About $15.00. The Siena is of medium stiffness. It is certainly not floppy, but not stiff like a Western either. If you have ever owned a fine fedora you will agree that the Siena is among the finest". All spelling errors, if any, are mine. The Siena can be seen on their web page now in color. It comes in several colors, but the brown, as shown, looks pretty good. They all change color with time and aging. Some more information to mull over in your pursuit of knowledge. I believe the Siena is closer to what we're after than the Allegro, the cost isn't as steep, and it's a company Stateside for those of us in the US. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]