Greg, please read this....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 08, 1999 at 10:21:41:

In Reply to: Re: In reference to that petersham Greg posted by Greg on May 08, 1999 at 07:57:54:

: : I'd like to change the ribbon on all three of my hats to the narrower version. Can you give me any info on a supplier, along with pricing, locations, etc? Thanks, Steve

: Narrower? I agree that the Hyman Hendler ribbon is a tad (about a millimeter) wider than the Catherine Delaney ribbon or the Herbert Johnson non-Petersham variety, but what width are you referring to?

: Catherine Delaney has some nice Petersham (raw-edge) ribbon but you have to check the dye for colorfastness before you put it on your hat. I got some and while it is very fine quality ribbon, the dye bled. I sent it to Hatworks in VA. and they did a great job redying it a nice deep brown color. I will probably put this on a future HJ hat, but am happy right now with the HJ seamed-edge ribbon. Catherine Delaney's ribbon is 39mm (which is the correct width), and she will only take an international money order (no credit cards since she is just a small-operation milliner). She can be reached at:

: Catherine Delaney
: Unit 006 The Chandlery
: 50 Westminster Bridge Road
: London
: SE1 7QY
: England

: 3 meters of it cost only 4 pounds sterling. Just ask her for the 39 mm darkest brown petersham she has.

: Hope this helps!

: Greg

Karen of the Hatworks needs to contact you, or vice versa, to see if you can provide her with a sample of the petersham ribbon again. She may have access to an overseas distributor, but needs to supply him with a sample. I spoke to her Wednesday and she told me this. Thought I'd pass it along. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]