Got an LL Bean Field shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-49-112.ispmodems.net on May 08, 1999 at 21:09:38:

Wore it for the first day today, and it's a nice shirt. Well made, and the fabric is light enough to wear on a hot day with the sleeves rolled down (it got up to 80-85 degrees in my part of California today). I got two shirts, one khaki and one olive. The khaki is a light color, but not light enough to be a real good match for an Indy shirt. The fabric is close to the right weight, maybe just a hair too heavy.The olive is much darker than it appeared on the website, just a shade lighter than a military olive drab. It would take a long while to fade to a whitish green "stone" color. The buttons are a solid color, as opposed to a multicolor "horn" type. When I first opened them they were starched and stiff, really looked like a uniform shirt. After I washed them they got that nice wrinkly "safari" type look to them. Just took a little ironing to get the pockets and collar to lay flat, and I was ready to go. Oh, they are also machine washable, and you can put them in the dryer. This part is great, as I have some other shirts that look great, but you have to line dry them, which is kind of a pain.

Anyway this is a good shirt for the "adventure" style, and is well made and comfortable, but is not a close match for Indy's shirt.

Looks great with chinos and a fedora though,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: