Re: About that ribbon Greg

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn010a-058.cybertours.com on May 09, 1999 at 15:05:30:

In Reply to: About that ribbon Greg posted by Steve on May 09, 1999 at 13:50:40:

: Hi. My hats, the Nostalgia, the Temple, and even Gary's repro, all came with a ribbon width of 1 3\4 ". I want to replace them with a ribbon in the correct size. I don't think I want that raw edged petersham though. Is there anyone else, here in america, who sells the 1 1\2 " variety? Steve

Well, you can certainly order some ofthe seamed-edge hat ribbon from Hyman Hendler ribbonerie in New York City. They have a 10 yard minimum my mail though. However, contact Herbert Johnson and tell them you have some hats for which you would like the Indy version of the 39mm ribbon (dark brown). They may give you a hard time at first, but just assure them that you are going to have a hatter here in the states put it on for you. You should be able to purchase it, and it may even come with the bows pre-made on them (like mine did). I bought two of them for my hats (came to something like $10 a ribbon. I can't remember exactly. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]