Re: TO ALL OF YOU SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN THE NEW 12" INDY FIGURE

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 1Cust168.tnt1.troy.oh.da.uu.net on May 13, 1999 at 11:10:08:

In Reply to: TO ALL OF YOU SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN THE NEW 12" INDY FIGURE posted by Dietrich on May 13, 1999 at 10:40:17:

: If you read my previous e-mail, I'm considering purchasing one of the new 12 inch Indy figures from Toy-Syndicate. Two days ago I sent them an e-mail asking whether or not I could pay by Money Order. I also asked whether or not they could e-mail me a better pic of the figure's head and fedora. I don't want to spend 350-plus bucks on it if it doesn't look all that good up close. It's hard to tell from the image they have.

: They haven't responded and I want to find out ASAP so I can preorder it before they sell out. So I looked up and down on their site for a phone number but all I could find was an address. So I called directory assistance in California and they said that they have no listing under "Toy-Syndicate" or under that address. I thought that was bit strange and it got me to thinking. WHERE are these figures coming from? Are they a custom job? Since they don't show any packaging on their site, I've got a feeling these puppies are illegal and that if Lucasfilm knew they wouldn't be too happy. Let's face it, at 350 a pop, they're pulling in some serious cash - damn near total profit! Can someone tell me how they're able to sell these? I'm assuming they're NOT officially licensed. Is something fishy going on???? I don't want to drop 350 and have the damn thing "disappear" in the mail.

: I dont plan on buying one at that price, but thought I would share a little info with you. I work at the post office and beleive me there is a lot of scams going on since the age of the internet. I dont know the address of the company in question but the first red flag for a scam is a P.O. Box. I'm not saying all P.O. boxes are scams but it appears the majority of them have something to do with a P.O. box. So be very cautious in dealing with them. Danno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]