Re: Got my tickets in San Jose, CA (OT)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre Jones from spider-tn083.proxy.aol.com on May 13, 1999 at 20:07:54:

In Reply to: Got my tickets in San Jose, CA posted by red four on May 13, 1999 at 11:16:04:

: And what a horrible experience it was. I got there 12 hours in advance (at the Century 21 theater) and was already way back in with the drunks and loudmouths. Most of the time the two went together. I saw none of the camraderie displayed here, maybe because I was at the back of the line, maybe because San Jose is full of rotten people, or maybe Star Wars fans are jerks (no, just the ones 200 people back in line). I'm a big Star Wars fan, hard to find someone who likes the movie as much as I do, but at least I'm a nice guy.I'll reserve judgement on the rest of the San Jose fans until I see the show. At 8:30 AM! Coolest part of the whole worthless adventure was that the first (8:30 AM)show had been sold out for 25-30 minutes when I got up to the box office. I had been watching the ticket seller for the last hour, the line was that slow, and he was as fed up with the jerks as I was. I resigned myself to getting a middle of day showing. I got to the window and said "ten tickets for the first showing available on Wednesday, please" and the guy kinda smiled and gave me ten to the 8:30 show! Almost redeemed the whole experience. At least I know the people who work at the theater aren't stupid, it's the people who run it. And how cool is the guy that saves back tickets to sell to the nice folks? I'm glad to find a kindred spirit.

: So to line up for Indiana Jones, I'd say I would like to if the nice people at the Forum were there, but otherwise no. My faith in human nature is not that strong. I bet that there wouldn't really be a need to line up anyway. When I saw Last Crusade in '89 I bought tickets just before the show twice, with no waiting.

: Thanks for listening,

: John D

: ps If you saw a tall guy in a brown fedora and khaki shirt looking pissed off on the Channel 2,4,5 or 7 San Francisco news Wednesday, that was me.

Hey John -

I know exactly what you are talking about. When I lived in Mountain View, I would always hook up with my movie buddies and see films at the Century 21, 22, 23, and 24. San Jose (as well as San Fran) have some pretty die hard and insane movie goes. I was this way once. When Batman (the only one worth seeing) came out, I was part of a group that waited in line several days (6) before tickets went on sale just to see the midnight showing. I've also waited 10 plus hours at the Century 21 to see the Back to the Future Trilogy. Only had to pay $6.50 for all three films. It was great! So hang in there - movie goes aren't all that bad.

Deirdre Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]