DVDs are selling like crazy. Doesn't Lucas or Spielberg realize this?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8fe.dialup.mindspring.com on May 13, 1999 at 20:50:14:

In Reply to: Re: Bad News for DVD Fans posted by Rocky on May 13, 1999 at 19:44:03:

: Don't give up yet, I truly believe you'll be seeing some good news on the DVD front within a few months.
: The last thing I heard is it's not Lucas, but Spielberg holding up the Indy trilogy. But, as I've said before, I truly believe Spielberg will keep his promise and begin giving his OK to release his "classic" titles as soon as 2 million players have sold.

: Oh by the way, the 2 million player mark was passed last month.

: I know it's frustrating. The problem with being able to obtain information is that we become too impatient for information to come about. It will happen. It's just extremely hard to wait. I know. I'm checking everyday for info on the trilogy. And believe me, within seconds of reading something, it'll get posted here.

What's the best source on the web for the latest on DVD? I (just like everyone else) would also like to get Braveheart, Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge on the River Kwai, and Saving Private Ryan. I haven't heard anything on these titles, although Titanic is supposed to come out in September. Maybe I'll have to look into pirated DVDs of Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Anyone here from Hong Kong????

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: