Re: Translated indy books

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sas c|:) from c44.dialin.tuwien.ac.at on May 14, 1999 at 00:31:26:

In Reply to: Re: Translated indy books posted by Nick Kismet on May 13, 1999 at 18:49:41:

: : I signed this petition that was at some indy website that wanted the publishers of the foriegn indy books who print in German, Italian, Ect. to print them in Enlish too. What is happening now?
: : Regards, Dan

: Just my hunch, the way the licensing of such things works, even if they did get translated, it would be impossible to get them distrubuted in the US. Lucasfilm is exercising an extreme degree of control over all of their properties, and I don't think they have any plans for the IJ series, past or future, unless their is another movie; I don't think they are willing to invest any time or effort in buying those books back from their European publisher, translating them, and distributing them. The best chance any of us has is if some bilingual IJ fan is willing to translate them all for us, then post them on the web.

The novels are licensed by Lucasfilm. They have also been translated into Dutch. I don't know if they have to buy them from the German publishing house but the Germans have printed all the US novels so far (except the last three but that's just a matter of time I think).
If you want to read a fan translation of one chapter do so at my page: Indiana Jones Chronicles

sas c|:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]