Re: How old were you Indyfans when you saw your very first Indiana Jones movie?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from 162.10.138.28 on May 14, 1999 at 01:17:31:

In Reply to: How old were you Indyfans when you saw your very first Indiana Jones movie? posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 07, 1999 at 15:15:39:

: Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting question to ask. I was 11 when I saw my first Indiana Jones movie back in winter 1993 (I saw the other two in April or May 1994). How about the rest of you Indyfans.

I was sixteen in 1981 when "Raiders" came out and I saw it with my mom and sister on opening weekend. I wasn't expecting much since I thought the trailer looked only okay but I was totally blown away by Indy and Marion and the whole fantastic thing. I saw it again every weekend that whole summer and again when it was rereleased the next year. I read the novelization ten times and bought the screenplay and collected the trading cards and the posters and became an Indyfreak.
When "Temple of Doom" came out I stood in line to see it on opening day but it didn't have the magic of the first one for me and I only saw it that one time.
I was working in a local theatre when "Last Crusade" came out so I saw that one several times for free but "Raiders" is the only one that really touches me.
I've since seen it in a local revival house a few times and it still blows my mind right from the beginning.
I love the way they cut the tension with humor at just the right moments and how the movie never falls into campiness or becomes cartoonish. Plus the incredible action and the three dimensional characters and how Belloq is almost as smart and resourceful as Indy is. And how Indy never gives up and I even admire the fact that he's afraid of snakes and how he doesn't let that fear stop him from getting what he wants. We could all learn a thing or two from Indy.
I'm thirty-four years old and I turn back into a kid every time I see that movie.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]