Today's eBay progress 5/15

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 15, 1999 at 13:30:36:

In Reply to: Check out eBay item number 102637355 (nm) posted by Michaelson on May 13, 1999 at 11:04:16:

: : : If you read my previous e-mail, I'm considering purchasing one of the new 12 inch Indy figures from Toy-Syndicate. Two days ago I sent them an e-mail asking whether or not I could pay by Money Order. I also asked whether or not they could e-mail me a better pic of the figure's head and fedora. I don't want to spend 350-plus bucks on it if it doesn't look all that good up close. It's hard to tell from the image they have.

: : : They haven't responded and I want to find out ASAP so I can preorder it before they sell out. So I looked up and down on their site for a phone number but all I could find was an address. So I called directory assistance in California and they said that they have no listing under "Toy-Syndicate" or under that address. I thought that was bit strange and it got me to thinking. WHERE are these figures coming from? Are they a custom job? Since they don't show any packaging on their site, I've got a feeling these puppies are illegal and that if Lucasfilm knew they wouldn't be too happy. Let's face it, at 350 a pop, they're pulling in some serious cash - damn near total profit! Can someone tell me how they're able to sell these? I'm assuming they're NOT officially licensed. Is something fishy going on???? I don't want to drop 350 and have the damn thing "disappear" in the mail.

: : Another interesting thing I discovered last night was that one was on eBay for bid and was sitting at $260 then for an item that even THEY admitted wouldn't be available until June. How's THAT for counting your eggs before they're hatched? Quite a few folks had already bid on the item, and there were still 8 days left in the auction! I agree, a bit strange indeed. Regards. Michaelson

Can you believe that as of today, someone has run this item up to $405 with 5 days left in the auction, and they don't project having one in hand until June or July??!! Unbelieveable!! Bidding that much on something that technically doesn't exist yet. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]